I can’t believe I forgot to post yesterday! Wednesdays are usually hell for me, with class from 9-2 and again from 6-9. I wasn’t even thinking about food or blogging at all. So, here’s the Vegan MoFo survey that’s been going around to make up for yesterday, and later I’ll post for today.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Soy – but I don’t have a preference. I usually choose the cheapest.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
The roasted portobella salad from Veganomicon, oatmeal raisin cookies, and black beans and sweet potatoes based on the inside of the enchiladas from Vegan Planet.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Nutritional yeast and chili powder, and sometimes a little melted Earth Balance.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I can’t think of one particular time, but sometimes I can think up some pretty terrible tasting meals. Like black bean ramen. ewww.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Dill pickles, preferably homemade.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I collect most of my recipes from vegan food blogs, and keep them in Evernote.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash, garbage disposal, and recycling.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods… what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
A mango, black beans, and jasmine rice.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Every Thanksgiving my grandmother makes lasagna. All the kids would get a glass of root beer and a chunk of the lasagna and we’d be happy.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Purely Decadent’s Cookie Dough. I can almost finish a pint at one time, which why I very rarely buy it.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Either my food processor or blender. The processor makes raw food easy, and I love morning smoothies.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Currently, black salt. Overall, I’d have to go with cilantro or paprika.
13. cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Cupcakes or cookies. You really can’t go wrong with desserts.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Dinner, because I’m usually finished with classes for the day and can relax and eat without having to worry about my next class.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
My roommates’ cereal boxes and some instant oatmeal.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Whole wheat bread, bananas, and pepper stir-fry.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Nothing now, I just got back from the grocery store!
21. Favorite grocery store?
Any organic-/health- based store. Or Ingles when I need something quick.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
My family’s sweet potato biscuit recipe. I’ve seen some variations on the internet, but it’s just not the same!
23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3?
FatFree Vegan, Vegan Dad, and Bittersweet
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Vegan resee cups!
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I’m poor and in college. No extravagant food for me 🙂
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Yeast. It’s really intimidating. I’d love to make my own bread though.