Happy 2012 guys!
I usually avoid making new year’s resolutions because I think it’s pointless and arbitrary, but this year I’m going to try to reach a few goals in my life. Here’s a list of my goals for this year:
- Go back to school. It’s been a couple years since my last semester, and I really miss it. I’m not cut out for a life of retail, and I want to have more opportunities than what I have now. I’ll probably finish my political science degree (since I’m almost done anyway), and I’m thinking of double majoring in environmental science.
- Get my license. I know it’s crazy to think of a 24-year-old not being able to drive, but I just sort of never got around to it. Plus, I could never afford to buy a car anyway. But it’s definitely time to get on the road.
- Have a healthier (and thus happier) life. Yoga, meditation, healthier food… I to pay more attention to both my physical and mental health this year. I used to do yoga everyday, meditate everyday, and I need to get back on track with that. I want to start avoiding processed foods (goodbye vegan doritos) and eat more natural foods (hello rejuvalac and fermented nut cheese).
- Join an organization, class, or local group. Lately my life has been mostly working and then coming home to chill. I want to participate more fully in my community, and I’ve been wanting to start bellydancing classes.
- Be more social. I tend to be a loner, and I want that to stop. There are more potlucks and parties in my future.
- Improve the photography on Ahimsa. I’m often not 100% happy with the photos I post here, and I feel with a little practice and better equipment I could fix that.
- Make a budget and stick to it. This is going to be the hardest for me. I’m terrible with money, and I spend far too much of it on food.
- Learn a new craft or hobby. In 2012, I plan on learning how to make beer, tempeh, and fermented nut cheeses.
- Do not leave my house on 12-12-12 (or is it 12-21-12?). There are going to be some crazy-ass people in the streets.
It sounds like a lot, but I’m positive I can do it. Do you have any goals for this year?
Also, I want to share a bit of the fun I had last night. Here’s some Toubab Krewe for you:
Leave a Reply